We are always welcoming new members to join our active and growing club of over 100 cyclists. GS Avanti is an inclusive club and has a diverse membership base, with cyclists of all abilities both male and female aging from 18 to 70+. The majority of our members cycle purely for fun and leisure, but we are also extremely proud to include a London 2012 Paralympic medallist and national level road racer amongst our ranks.
The annual membership fee is only £32, but opens up an array of cycling opportunities including:
- A wide variety of club rides, from a beginner group (G4) for those new to club cycling to a fast group (G1) for cyclists looking to compete. The rides have a designated leader, so there is no need to worry about map reading or getting lost. Our Sunday rides can be up to sportive distances each and every week.
- An active time trial programme throughout the summer months. A great opportunity to improve your fitness and personal best times over local 10 mile courses.
- Membership of a very active racing club, which is establishing GS Avanti as a force to be reckoned with in the South East. The club subsidises racing licences to encourage riders to participate.
- Access to the professionally designed GS Avanti club kit at a subsidised price, a great way to show your colours when out on the roads.
A variety of midweek cycling training sessions, including:
Group riding skills sessions in spring
- Fitness training and chain gangs in the summer
- Team time trial training in late summer
- Indoor turbo training sessions in the winter.
- International cycling trips, including winter training camps in Majorca, the Spring Classics in Belgium and the infamous sportives in France. All ability levels welcome.
- Regular social events, including club curry nights, Christmas parties and summer BBQs.
- Opportunity to get actively involved in our exciting annual sportive, the Kentish Killer, which raises fund for the club and for charity.
- The occasional day out at the velodrome and mechanical demonstration evenings at a local bike shop.
GS Avanti is affiliated to many organisations, such as British Cycling, the South East Road Racing League, and the National Time Trial Council.