Wales Velothon – 9th July 2017.

Home page Forums Sportives and group events Wales Velothon – 9th July 2017.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Steven Butler Steven Butler 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Steven Butler
    Steven Butler
    Participant

Just to confirm the collection of race packs on the Saturday 8th. It is stated on the event schedule as Registration 0700 – 1900 hrs at City Hall Lawn Cardiff. This is adjacent to the University grounds, same as last year.

Profile photo of Nick Patow
    Nick Patow
    Participant

Hi all,

Lee got the pack in the post, and the Avanti start time is 7:19, Pen C.

Looking forward to it now. See you all next weekend if you’re not out this week.

Graham, Marek, Dave, Lee + mate Andrew,
    Are you guys planning on eating at the Italian Steve has reserved on the Saturday night?
    Can you confirm, so the reservation can be adjusted if necessary.

Steven Butler
      Participant

Hi Nick et al

Thanks for the confirmations for the dining out – I will duly amend the booking to five definite + 2 (keeping Lee+1 as an option).
      From last year as a point of reference, if you have not opted for a race pack to be sent to your home. Then you collect it from the main event area in the University Grounds on the Saturday afternoon up until about 17:00 hrs. I have not seen an e-mail to this effect yet but you should plan for this. It is all quite painless and parking is ok on the Saturday in nearby side streets.

Profile photo of Marek Sasura
      Marek Sasura
      Participant

Hi Nick,

Graham, Dave and I are staying in a B&B which is quite far from the city centre so we will probably eat locally, and see you all on Sunday morning.

I have not received any paperwork yet.

Marek

Nick Patow
    Participant

All,

I haven’t seen anything yet as to a start time for our “team”, but found the following page through links on previous e-mails. I don’t know if anyone paid the extra ££ to have their packs sent by post, but I’m collecting mine on the Saturday so imagining I’ll not find out the actual start time until I see the pack. If anyone gets the pack by post, please share the start time with the group.

http://www.velothon.com/events/velothon-wales/the-event/event-schedule.aspx?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWkRFMVptVTVOVE5pTnpjeiIsInQiOiJ2UjBaWG9EeFhzSDlMaXVQRTRzR3J4dTBVcWFPdTVcL1R1QkRySUhLRGJPVmtVU3JYUDRBVTdWdmZ0WmdKZ2RMWU1uVG5PelZXdGZxY2VrM201WkxaS2xPb3M2bXBFSUx3RG1Odkt4bmdpdW1IXC92aTk5dHVoUjU2bGVcL3N3S0ZcLysifQ%3D%3D#axzz4jnPsdaRF

If you check the link, you’ll note that the “140k pen Loading” starts at 6am, with rides starting in waves from 7am through to 8:15am. Order an early breakfast !!

Graham, Marek, Dave, Lee + mate Andrew,
    Are you guys planning on eating at the Italian Steve has reserved ?
    Can you confirm, so the reservation can be adjusted as necessary.

Nick Patow
    Participant

Dave,
    You’re automatically in the same starting group as us all, I presume the “add me to list” comment refers to the table booking for the Saturday night ? Also do you know if Marek and Graham will be looking to eat Italian with us by any chance ?

Profile photo of Dave Barker
    Dave Barker
    Participant

Please add me to the list too – I’ve just registered too for the 140km event under club GS Avanti.

Profile photo of John Caine
    John Caine
    Participant

Thanks for organising Steve.. just so you know, my mate Neil won’t be joining us.

Steven Butler
    Participant

The Cardiff City Centre restaurant is provisionally booked for 19:30hrs on Saturday 8th July for a group of ten +or- 2 (8-12) to cover booking number fluctuation and the time is too avoid the theatre meal rush. Venue is ‘Giovannis In Park Place’ – check it out on the website, it is not a chain and has good reviews – the location is very good and better than its sister restaurant. We can find somewhere else if it is not to peoples liking, but I found it OK last year with good friendly service.

Profile photo of Simon Clarke
      Simon Clarke
      Participant

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated.

Profile photo of Claire Clarke
      Claire Clarke
      Participant

Thanks very much Steve, I’m sure it’ll be great.

Nick Patow
    Participant

Hi Claire,
    Welcome back, I hope you’ve enjoyed the rain today, after a week of dodgy Spanish weather. The list in the earlier post represents those in the “Avanti team” for the event, all of whom will be in the same starting group yes.

Profile photo of Claire Clarke
    Claire Clarke
    Participant

Hi Nick. Thanks very much for posting this. Please can Simon and I be included for the Italian restaurant on the Sat night. I didn’t realise we had so many doing this, great. Are we all registered as part of the Avanti team, so will all have the same start time? Cheers, Claire

Nick Patow
    Participant

The chat around the coffee table after Saturday’s ride turned to thoughts of what if any plans need to be made for the Saturday evening prior to the ride on the Sunday. Assuming everyone is travelling on the Saturday, we’ll all be looking to eat in Cardiff in the evening.
    Steve Butler recommends an Italian restaurant in the centre of town, which sounds like quite a good idea. He, John Caine and I are planning to eat there. Steve will book a table for us as a group if you wish to meet up for this.
    The Team members are
    Claire Clarke
    Simon Clarke
    Graham Channon
    Marek Sasura
    Lee Powell
    Steve Butler
    Nick Patow
    John Caine
    Andrew Young (a friend of Lee’s)
    Neil Robertson( a friend of John’s).

If you’re interested in the Italian option, or have alternative suggestions please comment asap, as it’ll be sensible to book early if we’re looking for a table for up to ten people.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.