Duo Normand 2018

Home page Forums Club and Open Time Trials Duo Normand 2018

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Dines 1 week ago.

• Author

Sam :D
    Participant

Update with accomodation and estimated cost- £160 for accomodation and food!!!

“Right folks, Duo Normand time in September, Whos in?

The race day is Sunday 23 September on a brand new course this year, Those of you who have done the trip with us at Charlotteville CC are aware of the great weekend that we all have. I have secured the same accommodation as we had last year 21-24 September (fri-mon) again for this years event.

Format will be pretty much the same as last year and most of us will be on the Portsmouth Caen ferry Thursday 20th leaving late night and returning Monday afternoon mid afternoon getting back to the UK by about 2100 Monday night.

If your interested in joining us then please message me or email me with your expressions of interest. The chateau can hold up to 14 people so join us for a bumper weekend. Invite any friends you feel would like to come along.

The race day is Sunday 23 September on a brand new course this year, Those of you who have done the trip with us at Charlotteville CC are aware of the great weekend that we all have.

Costings are expected to be the same as last year at £160 per head which should cover all our food wine and beer for the weekend so works out economical. Car share options are more than likley avalable as lots of us will be travelling down there and sharing can be organised nearer the time. Race has to be entered in advance via organisers website.

If you would like to join us let me know.
    Costings are expected to be the same as last year at £160 per head which should cover all our food wine and beer for the weekend so works out economical. Car share options are more than likely available as lots of us will be travelling down there and sharing can be organised nearer the time. Race has to be entered in advance via organisers website.”

Please let me know ASAP if you would like to come along, so I can let the organiser from Charlotteville know!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris Dines
      Keymaster

Sam
      Would love to do this, but it conflicts with Velo South (closed road event in Sussex). I’ll plan ahead next year!

Sam :D
    Participant

Hi All,
    I’m planning on going to the Duo Normand this year, being held on the 24th September in Marigny, Normandy. I’ve done this a couple of times before with one of my old clubs, and it’s a really fun event.
    It’s a 2-up TT on closed roads, and you are allowed (nay, encouraged) to have a support car following you to give you gels or bottles as needed (and may or may not be blasting your iPod playlist out of a loudspeaker…)

The course is 34 miles with quite a lot of flat land for the first half, with more rolling terrain in the second half. It doesn’t feel as long as it is though, as you are on closed roads with a support car behind you- it’s a lot more fun than a normal TT which I find makes it go quicker!

If only a few are interested we can likely join up with Charlotteville CC, my old club who usually hire out a large house from Friday- Monday (the race is on the Sunday) and generally have a good time. 2 Years ago Rob and Steve joined us out there and seemed to enjoy it 🙂

The usual itinery for the weekend goes something like this:
    Thursday night board the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Caen.
    Friday morning, arrive at house. Head off to supermarket to buy supplies, then go ride the course as a reccy.
    Saturday: Lazy start, followed by lunchtime “Moules et Frites” ride to the coast. Sign on in Marigny in the afternoon.
    Sunday morning: Race- those pairs not racing usually drive a car behind those who are. Sunday afternoon- watch the Pros race. Evening, go out for a meal.
    Monday morning: Head back for a lunchtime ferry back to Portsmouth to be back Monday evening.

You can take the channel tunnel instead of the ferry, but it’s more driving on the French side.

If there are enough people who are keen then we could look into hiring somewhere for ourselves.

Please let me know if you’re interested!
    Sam

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.