Club Runs – Black Friday Weekend

Home page Forums Club runs Club Runs – Black Friday Weekend

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DaveB 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

DaveB
    Participant

G4 were only four at the GREEN. However, Jenny decided she was not to be the only female to brave the wet conditions.With rain in our faces Charles, Chris and I set off into the gloom towards our planned destination of the Cyclopark. WRONG CHOICE!, all other cyclists we met were going in the opposite direction, towards the brighter skies in the west.At Eynsford the heavens opened up even more, despite most forecasts saying it would stop raining. We made a collective decision to give it one more go turning due west towards Knatts Valley. “Eh, the valley floor is flooded” Correct direction, wrong road. “Sugar” we all exclaimed,at Knatts Valley “lets go home” A quick charge up Crockenhill, warmed us somewhat. “You’re early” said Jenny as I squelched into the garage. 28 miles (felt more like 58 )Dave B.

Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

The G2 Yalding Marty Pellow ride – AKA The Wet Wet Wet ride.
    With some rather contradicting weather forecasts we met at the G.
    With different forecasts our collective attire ranged from almost summer gear to almost full on winter gear.

Ably led by Adie, the G2 group of the day consisted of Hamish, Dave B, Martin, Simon H and myself – later met by Toby at Otford.
    Realising the conditions were not for him Simon H turned back along the A21 (quite possibly a very good move).

Rather than including an extra loop we decided to just ride directly to TeaPot Island. Thankfully the rain eased just past Plaxtol and we started to enjoy slightly drier conditions. With wet gloves and overshoes on the radiator we enjoyed some much needed coffee/tea and muffins.

The return route as before was direct and dry until we ascended Stone Street upon where the rain returned.

The usual A25, Dunton Green and PolHill followed with all working well.

A great group ride with all riding nicely and together, well done Adie.

Thanks
    Bill

Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Hi fellow club members – please post your ride reviews for this weekends rides.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.