Club Rides – Sep 9/10

Home page Forums Club runs Club Rides – Sep 9/10

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Rodgers 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

No more write-ups of the sportive?
    C’mon folks we want to hear how you got on 🙂

Sarah Cvjetan
    Participant

Circuit of Kent sportive- this was my first sportive, so I chose the 80km route. I was a little apprehensive at the start but soon settled into the ride. Some lovely scenery along the way. A great feeling when I reached the top of Carters hill. Would definitely do this next year,. Thanks to the club for organising & subsidising.

DaveB
    Participant

G3 / G4 No G3 leader at the Green so we decided to merge and change the route to Lingfield and watch the model steam train. 9 of us started but Jenny and Rita turned off up towards Halstead for a shorter ride. A good selection of members helped on the front towards Oxted, helping out with the headwind.Brian Bulmer was coping very well despite recovering from his recent operation. Superb cooked breakfast all round with a few Full English being consumed. (it was only 11 o’clock ) With a tail wind on our return route we whizzed along in formation until the short climb from Oxted to Pilgrims Way. Regrouping and again at the bottom of Westerham Hill we finally pushed for home along Pilgrims Way and up Polhill. All riders were closer to 15mph (G4’s grinning like Cheshire cats) 50 miles 2,600ft climbing.

Simon Lumsdon
    Participant

Great day today at the circuit of kent sportive with lots of avanti riders in evidence, a really good turnout. Decided to be brave and went for the 130km route. It starts hilly but flattens out for most of the route with Carters just before the finish. Thanks to Nick, Mick and Graham for dragging me round. Weather was cool with a brief heavy shower just before Carters.

Many thanks also to the club for subsidising the event, really good event

Simon Clarke
    Participant

Saturday Morning Ride:
    Let’s see if I can remember all the riders… Lee S; Lyle P; Simon P; Alistair D; Devan S; Dave B; Sam D. And I was able to get all the names as ALL of us have the ride up on Strava. Is that a sign of the times, or what?!? We set off at a brisk pace that I thought we wouldn’t keep up and thankfully we did not. Reducing the effort level after Titsey hill descent (50mph!) made for a more gentlemanly ride that was manageable by all. So we rolled round to Hubbards with a slight delay in proceedings to judge Dave B on his puncture repair technique. Lee S will be able to let us know exactly how well Dave did as he was running an actual stopwatch during Dave’s tube change! No pressure…
    So we should have all been really fresh for Hubbards, although it never feels like it. But once that was out of the way we meandered back via Knole Park, Stone Street and Kemsing and the traditional bash down the big roads from Badgers Mount.
    Thanks to all for great riding. And a quick congrats to Rob G who we met at Belmondos showing us his prize cheque (remember those?) from the 12hr TT he did. Most consistently paced rider over the whole twelve hours. He claims it’s a prize for being the most average!

By the way, Sunday saw three of us race cross. A write up of that is over on the cyclocross forum thread.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Simon Clarke.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.