Club Rides Easter Weekend

Home page Forums Club runs Club Rides Easter Weekend

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Claire Clarke 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Claire Clarke
    Participant

Sat ride – only 5 today, Simon C, John C, Andy McS, Jamie L and me. I had posted a rather hilly route as part of my training for an upcoming cycling trip to Sardinia. Cudham, Brasted Chart, over to Hever and Mark Beech then Baileys and a roundabout way home via Shoreham, Well Hill etc. Everyone was riding well and I was the one holding people up on the hills, that’ll teach me for picking a hilly route! Thanks all for waiting and good company. No Belmondos-closed for Easter, so Simon made us all coffee round ours.

Sun – I think there were 10 for G3, now to see if I can remember everyone! Me, Alan E, Richard L, Joe S, Ian G, Simon P, Claire W, Sadie B, Keith C and Darryl H. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone. Alan had posted a lovely route to Lingfield, and had even reserved us a couple of tables at the lovely Red Rum cafe. We arrived at Lingfield via Ide Hill, Chiddingstone, a great lane Alan said he hadn’t used for years that took us to Cowden before the lovely Furnace Lane to Dormansland and Lingfield. Alan had a sneaky surprise for the way home-the lovely Sundridge Hill! We all made it back. Thanks to Alan for lovely route and booking the cafe, and thanks to all for good riding and company in perfect weather. We did split into 2 groups, thanks to whoever led the other group. In case some of the 2nd group were wondering where I was going back up Rushmore Hill-I did a few more miles as part of my training for Sardinia trip! And, a huge good luck to Sadie for next weekend as she takes on the Marbella half Ironman, crazy lady!!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Claire Clarke.

Charles Lockwood
    Participant

G4 Sunday. Fabulous weather and a good turn out of 9 (new rider Elliot, Rita, Sandra, Daves M & H, Chris, Ken, Subhash and me.). Lovely ride out through Shoreham and Eynesford. Dave H turned early to get in some TT practice. The rest continued up the School Lane climb out of Horton Kirby with me leading from the rear. We arrived in good time at the Cyclo Park café, which was very quiet, without incident and had a good chat sitting in the sun. Unfortunately, our return journey wasn’t quite as smooth. Shortly after leaving the café Dave M had a puncture. For some reason G4 doesn’t suffer many flats (touching wood as I type) so this became a bit of a spectator sport. Dave M coped admirably and we were soon on our way to towards Southfleet. On the way we had to negotiate a right turn onto a busy road, quickly followed by a left into Warren Road. Sadly I managed to lose 3 riders who had been delayed at the junction. We didn’t realise this for some time. Very poor ride leading! We did make phone contact and agreed it would be easiest to carry on our separate ways back. For the 5 remaining we had a pleasant ride back via Crockenhill and went our separate ways at Avalon Road.

Apart from managing to lose 3 riders (who did make it home safe) I thoroughly enjoyed the ride and the company. Hopefully the weather will continue to next weekend when I will try to redeem myself. Thanks all.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.