Club Rides – 3rd/4th November

Home page Forums Club runs Club Rides – 3rd/4th November

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Coulton 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Michael Coulton
    Participant

G3Hadlow
    A great ride this Sunday with Claire W leading G3 to Hadlow, 12 riders turned out so we soon split into two groups at Pratts Bottom to make traffic easier. Simon P taking the honours to lead the second group, giving Claires group a few minutes to get ahead we set off. Up to the Mount down to Shoreham onto pilgrims through seal down Carters and into the flats of East Peckham where we met with the first group shortly before our stop at Hadlow for cake n coffee. After our stop we headed back through Plaxtol,Dunton Green, Otford and Shoreham with a last climb up Maypole lane, decending down Shoreham hill back to Pratts bottom, then on the drops to the G.
    Great to be back out after a while off. The group was trundling along very well with 58 miles 3200 ft 15.5 mph recorded on my garmin. Hope to see you all next weekend.
    Mick

DaveB
    Participant

G4 to Horley, can the weather get any better for November ? A confusing start meant two riders had to catch up with the group, which they did at the Shampan, Westerham Hill. We cut the pace to allow recovery, allowing Oxted and Blindley Heath to be reached easily. Croydon Barn Road could not be ignored and Steve Chivers did a fine job towing us, well some of us, to the outskirts of Horley.Having used 1300 calories a large helping of beans on toast helped replace the deficit.I took up the task on the return journey to Oxted, keeping the group all in tact. However the climb up Titsey Hill to Pilgrims Way showed the “Sticky Buns” brigade had underestimated their calorie loss.Now every climb looked, and felt, like a mountain. No further comment needed until we all regrouped at the top of Polhill, 15 minutes earlier than anticipated. ( I forgot to mention new member Chris, turned at Oxted to fulfil a family commitment) 55 miles 14.3 mph.3,070ft climbing.
    Next week will be Brookside Garden Centre, if the weather holds up.

Simon Lumsdon
    Participant

Thanks to Jim for leading our G2 slightly slower group, Jo, Sefi, Toby and myself. We headed off to Tulley,s farm via Graham’s suggested route avoiding some bad potholes. Gates, mud, private roads etc, you know the score, oh and hills!

We arrived at Tulley’s soon after Graham’s G2 bunch and had a good break. We returned via the old route, quite fast and flat for 57 miles and 16’s. A cold but bright day and very enjoyable

Dave Barker
    Participant

Post your ride write-ups here 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.