CLUB RIDES 23/24 December

Home page Forums Club runs CLUB RIDES 23/24 December

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Claire Clarke 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Claire Clarke
    Participant

G3 Christmas Eve social 30 miler. 11 faithful riders turned up this morning: Martin, Steve, Nick, Andrew, Neal, Mick, Keith, Simon L, Simon P, Simon C and me! After a second breakfast of mince pies, thanks to Mick, we headed off on a route kindly supplied by Alan. Out along the A21, up to Halstead, Knockholt, down Star Hill over to Ide Hill, down the other side, a loop through How Green, before heading back up Ide Hill (where we encountered a few crazy car drivers who certainly had no ‘season of good will’ about them), down to Sundridge and yes, back up the delightful Star Hill. No-one opted for the optional extra loop Alan! A well earned coffee and fry-up for some at Poppy’s cafe. Thanks to all for taking turns on the front, and a very Merry Christmas. See you all next year for plenty more cycling!

Simon Lumsdon
    Participant

Thanks to Claire for leading this morning and to Mick for the mibce pies. Short but tough and enjoyable route ending with Star hill and Poppies for a well deserved fry up
    Happt Christmas

Michael Coulton
    Participant

With Nick P not around at the moment I took the honours to lead the Sarurday crew ride . With a festive 6 at the G this morning just before sunrise we set of up Cudham lane Steve B , Claire C , Marin D , Neale P , Simon V and myself . Martin set the pace first and we were quickly joind by Lee S , after the climb up we enjoyed a nice rolling run through Halstead down to Shoreham ” very enjoyable”. Down to Otford onto Pildrims through Seal then the Climbs up past Godden Green , all the deer were hiding at the back Knole park not one to be seen . Onto Gracious Lane for the roller coaster ride to Ide where we stoped for Steves Banana break ( hourly ive heard) a good run down to Sundridge onto Filston lane for yet more lumps n bumps to Eynsford . Up to Crockham hill onto Well Hill throgh Chelsfield and finally the last few lumps to Belmondos . Im sure Nick would be proud of the traditional 40 mile loops the route I planned was spot on 40 to the door of Belmondos ! Everyone helped on the front and we all had a good ride i hope and a nice Coffee or two , with No mince pies ! ,they never had any ! it’s Christmas!
    with all the lumps n bumps 40 miles 3250 climbs 15.3 mph av
    Cheers to everyone have a great Christmas
    Mick C

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.