Club Rides – 19/20 October

Home page Forums Club runs Club Rides – 19/20 October

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Patow 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Nick Patow
    Participant

Thanks for the story of Saturday Claire, and well done for getting out today too.

Claire Clarke
    Participant

Sun G3 – another lovely dry day for cycling, if a slight nip in the air. A good turn out today at the ‘G’ – 2 x Simon, 2 x Keith, Andy, Carl (who chased us down after having early mudguard issues) and me. On our return journey we also picked up Alan. Another lovely Alan route today took us out via Ide Hill, Chiddingstone, up to Chiddingstone Hoath, Cowden, Furnace Lane and Lingfield for a late breakfast at the Red Rum cafe. Our return journey took in Hever Castle, Four Elms, Chartwell, Westerham and the Pilgrims Way. I deviated from the route by saying I was going home via Sundridge Hill and to my amazement 6 of the group came with me. I think Alan was regretting it after a few minutes of struggling up the steepest part of the Hill only to realise he was still in the big chain ring, very impressive. Thanks to all for a good route and company. Sorry Andy that you’re lovely new bike must be very mucky now!

Claire Clarke
    Participant

Sat ride – the England v Australia rugby was obviously too strong an attraction for a number of Avanti riders today! But 5 dedicated riders were out for the Sat morning hills around Kent – Nick P, Simon V, Colin P, Alastair W and me. A nice route was set by Nick which took us up Rushmore, down Star, through Dunton Green and onto Ide Hill via Back Lane. We then made our way to Penshurst and Rogues Hill, Poundsbridge Hill and Fordcombe, another Hill I don’t know the name of before Nick’s “flat section” took us to Baileys and home via Star Hill. I think you will see the common feature in this ride of ‘hill’! But it was a lovely route, lovely dry weather, and thanks to all for your patience as I slowly made my way up the hills. We finished off with well earned coffee and toast in Poppy cafe.

Nick Patow
    Participant

Tell your tales here……

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.