Club Rides – 18th/19th May

Home page Forums Club runs Club Rides – 18th/19th May

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DaveB 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

DaveB
    Participant

G4 were only four after Jenny turned for home at Badgers Mount RAB with painful knees. We agreed Horley rather than Tulleys Farm as we would be short of front runners. I lead until Oxted where Steve Chivers and I shared the front until Blindley Heath.Steve then did a big push until Copthorne, where we shared again until the Italian Cafe at Horley. 15.5mph with the help of a light tail wind. After excellent refreshments we headed home, the headwind was present but not formidable. Steve did an excellent “wind breaker ” until the end of Croydon Barn Road, where I took over until Blindly Heath. So far so good, our two passengers were asked to contribute as their wheel sucking was begining to be very obvious. At Oxted and again at Pilgrims Way no further progress was achieved.They were both strong riders, Steve and My legs were starting to hurt, we really needed help to continue at this pace Seizing their opportunity they both sped off, good race tactics ? unfortunately I didn’t see it that way.and words were exchanged. I was rather outspoken, for which I need to apologize. 55miles 15mph. No climbing recorded.

Dave Barker
    Participant

A big thank you to Bill for stepping up to lead today. A good group of strong riders with plenty of social chat but also some spirited riding at times up hills and on the flats with some through and off. A good fun ride with a bit if everything thrown in, can’t ask for more.

Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

G2 – Staplehurst loop
    Leaving the G @ 08:30 were myself, Simon Heaton, Dave Barker, Martin Rowling, Hamish Brown, Nolan Wilkens and James Heppleston. (I hope I didn’t miss anyone).
    After heading out to Col Du Knatts via Eynesford we soon found ourselves descending Exedown where we met Russ K.
    Heading out via Wrotham to Ryarsh where we were joined by Matt Whale, then via West Malling and Staplehurst we returned at pace via Collier Street to Yalding where a nice coffee and cake was enjoyed. Simon Heaton headed home as we stopped.
    All riding well we soon ascended Plaxtol and met Steve Rodgers at Seal for a quick chat before heading home via the A25, Pol Hill and the usual A21 dash for home.
    Well done to all, it was an enjoyable ride with good company.

Cheers
    Bill

Dave Barker
    Participant

Post your ride updates here 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.