Circuit of Kent Sportive Sunday 10th September

Home page Forums Sportives and group events Circuit of Kent Sportive Sunday 10th September

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Graham Channon Graham Channon 6 hours, 57 minutes ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Bill Fitzgerald
    Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Would love to as this is a really good event, but I am away that weekend.
    Have fun all.
    Bill

Profile photo of Toby Middleton
    Toby Middleton
    Participant

I’ll be up for this ride. really good route and good avanti team rolling round last year.

Profile photo of Chris Dines
    Chris Dines
    Keymaster

As Steve says, the Club will provide some support – we both negotiate a group discount and have paid up to half the entry fees. However, someone needs to coordinate on behalf of the club. Personally I don’t have the time and am not around that weekend in any case.

Profile photo of Steve Rodgers
    Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

We’ll try to organise this as a club again this year – looking for someone to arrange things with the event entry etc – any volunteers?

Profile photo of Russ K
    Russ K
    Participant

Hi Alan…G1/2 have entered this event for the past two years (130km route) to promote the club, perhaps 10-15 riders last year, with the club paying the entry fees. It’s always been fun and I’d love to ride it again as part of a GS Avanti team…it might be worth contacting Chris Dines to see if there are any plans to do something similar this year. Russ

Profile photo of Alan Else
    Alan Else
    Participant

This is our local sportive, now in it’s 19th year, and a chance to show the Avanti kit and attract new members.Starting at Godden Green,you can choose from 40 / 80 / 130 Kms on the day,all in support of Hospice in the Weald and Macmillan Cancer Support.
    G3 will be taking on the challenge,including Carters Hill, but all riders are welcome to experience a well organised event with good food and a jazz band at the finish, nearly as good as KK!
    Enter in advance on kentcyclosportive.co.uk or on the day at a supplement.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.