Boy's Bike Wanted 20 or 24inch Frame

Home page Forums Items Offered/For Sale/Wanted Boy's Bike Wanted 20 or 24inch Frame

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Peter Fordham Peter Fordham 1 day, 1 hour ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Peter Fordham
    Peter Fordham
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, Jonathan.

I bought my daughter a Hoy Bonaly 24inch wheel bike when she turned 8, and that is currently too big for my son, so a 20inch size bike will definitely be better for him. That’s if I find one, of course… Islabike Beinn 20 and Hoy Bonaly 20 (both rigid fork) are top of my list, mainly since they are both so much lighter than the average kids bike.

Profile photo of Jonathan Harris
    Jonathan Harris
    Participant

Just as a bit of advice, I bought my 7 year old a 24″ bike and it was too big for him (even though he’s pretty tall for his age), so I’d suggest going for the 20″ for the time being.

Peter Fordham
    Participant

Yes Chris, a mountain bike style is preferred, not a road bike just yet.

Profile photo of Chris Dines
    Chris Dines
    Keymaster

Peter, are you looking for something that is more road bike than MTB?

Peter Fordham
    Participant

Does anyone have a decent boy’s bike lurking in their garage they would like to sell? Either a 20 or 24inch frame, for my son who will be 7 in August? I’m looking for something like an Islabike or Hoy, something light weight and well built, rather than a lump of steel with two dodgy wheels.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.