2017 Brands Hatch GP Circuit 4up TT – Rider Interest

Home page Forums Club and Open Time Trials 2017 Brands Hatch GP Circuit 4up TT – Rider Interest

This topic contains 47 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  sean clarke 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

sean clarke
    Participant

Meeting up might be issue. For those on my team , call or text me on 07926955044

Johnny Edwards
    Keymaster

Timetable for tomorrow, taken from the Revolve24 manual.

SATURDAY 16 SEPTEMBER
    07.00 Gates Open & access to Team Garages
    07.00 24 hour food available in the Paddock (Pizzas not available through the night) to 16.00 on Sunday
    07.00 – 10:00 TTT Registration open in MEDIA CENTRE
    07.00 – 11.30 Criterium Registration open in the MEDIA CENTRE
    07.00 – 14.30 24 Hour Challenge Registration opens in the MEDIA CENTRE
    07.00 – 13.00 Vehicle Access to Paddock for kit drop off – all drivers MUST have registered first
    07.00 – 07.45 High Sided Vehicle Access to the Paddock Area across the track available by prior arrangement
    08.30 – 08.50 TTT orientation laps on GP CIRCUIT
    09.00 – 11.00 TTT on GP CIRCUIT
    09.00 24-hour Massage / Treatment Zone Opens
    11.20 Revolve24 TTT Ceremony in REVOLVE24 GARAGE

Note: The 7Oaks/Sydenham Wheelers and GSAvanti will meet (after the last team finished) at the Media Centre (same place as last year) for the interclub competition results.

Alan Jarrett
    Participant

Don’t tell anyone Sean they might kick us out 🙂 I am planning to be ready for a practice lap soon after 8:30.

sean clarke
    Participant

Look at that the rider times. I’d just like to confirm I’m not female as per the listings , lol 🙂

Graham Channon
      Participant

Sean, we’re a gender-neutral club – you can be who you want to be : )

Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

Sean – the rider times are in – everyone should have them in email by now and I posted a link to the document earlier.

Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Hello Sean
    As long as you don’t hang around too long at the end you’ll be fine.

Cheers

Bill

sean clarke
    Participant

Hi , can someone confirm this just a morning event ? Work have demanded my appearance in the afternoon !

DaveB
    Participant

I’ll ride as number 4 in any team if we can make up TEAM 7. However I’ll be a reserve should anyone not make it.

TEAM 7

Rob Grunfeld
    Simon Parker
    Sean Clarke
    Dave Bettinson

This could be rearranged as Rob Grunfeld is a class rider.
    However We now have 7 teams

Steve Rodgers
      Keymaster

Hi Dave
      I just had word from Huw that we can go ahead and setup GSA7.
      However – you only have 3 members there – Sean Clarke is already registered in GSA6.
      Can you check if you’ve got that right?

Simon Parker
        Participant

Hi Guys

Am I needed – not clear whether there is going to be a GSA7

Simon

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Simon Parker.

Steve Rodgers
          Keymaster

Hi Simon
          Sorry GSA7 has not been registered in time – it looks like we only had you and DaveB for it anyway.
          You’re welcome to come along on the day as a stand-in if you like?

Simon Parker
            Participant

Not a problem Steve.

I was going to have to use my winter bike as the light weight summer bike is having it’s bottom bracket replaced.

See you soon

Simon

Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

That’s the start sheet with rider times up.
    http://revolve24.com/document-manager/download-file/2978
    Everyone should’ve had an email from Revolve about the sign-on on the day.
    The sign on starts from 7am and you can do a recce lap between 08.30 and 08.50. Racing starts at 9am.

Please make sure you’re there in plenty of time to get signed on, warmed up and ready to rock.
    Any questions – let us know.

Michael Coulton
    Participant

GSA 4 Now created , would it be better to swap me with Nolan from Nicks team GSA5.
    Think the riders would be more evenly matched.
    Cheers

sean clarke
    Participant

Just registered, now just the small matter of work giving me the time off !
    Where do i find details regarding the day, start time etc ?

Nick Patow
    Participant

Paul, Simon, Nolan,
    I’ve created GSA5, so all you need do is join the team via the links posted earlier.

Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Cool
    GSA3 just created.

Cheers
    Bill

Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Hi Johnny
    I’ve received my entry invite but it doesn’t seem to list any GSA teams when joining a team entry.
    I have emailed the support email, but wondered if you had any thoughts on this.
    Cheers mate
    Bill

Steve Rodgers
      Keymaster

Hi Bill
      What needs to happen is the team captain (or simply the first person in each team) for each team needs to register first and create the team.
      Everyone needs to then register their info individually.
      Use the code GSA to get the 100% discount.

Current teams:
      GSA1 Steve Rodgers
      Richard Bingham
      Marek Sasura
      Graham Channon

GSA2 Chris Dines
      Toby Middleton
      Hamish Brown
      Paul Allen

GSA3 Lee Staples
      Andy South
      Bill Fitzgerald
      Johnny Edwards

GSA4 Chris Moss
      Ian Daley
      Simon Heaton
      Michael Coulton

GSA5 Nick Patow
      Nolan Wilkens
      Paul Baldwin
      Simon Lumsdon

GSA6 Alan Jarrett
      Steven chivers
      Jo Stephens-Smith
      Sean Clarke

Simon Parker
        Participant

I am willing to give this a go, if it helps the club to clawback 23 points. I’ve never done a time trial before!!

Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

We’re 23 points behind 7oaks going into the final day.
    Every team of 4 that finishes will get 4 points for the club – right?
    It would be good to see more teams out 🙂

Johnny Edwards
    Keymaster

Just to confirm the following list of riders that have expressed an interest in riding and will be organised into a team.

If there are other riders who want to ride, please comment on this post asap, as we need at least two more riders to make up a 6th team and I’ll update this post with any changes.
    Teams will be submitted before Friday evening and then automated emails will be sent to users to sign up for their teams (no money will need to be paid on signup, as this will be covered by the club as a single payment).

GSA1
    Steve Rodgers
    Richard B
    Marek
    Graham

GSA2
    Chris Dines
    Toby Middleton
    Hamish Brown
    Paul Allen

GSA3
    Lee Staples
    Andy South
    Bill Fitzgerald
    Johnny Edwards

GSA4
    Chris Moss
    Ian Daley
    Simon Heaton
    Michael Coulton

GSA5
    Nick Patow
    Nolan Wilkens
    Paul Baldwin
    Simon Lumsdon

Mixed team
    Alan Jarrett
    Steven chivers
    Jo Smith
    Sean Clarke

Johnny Edwards
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies. Your interest below has led to a rough draft of teams, but just need to check that there are no other club members interested.

This is a last call for absolutely ANY ONE who wants to ride at BRANDS HATCH!
    No previous time trialling experience is required and we will do our best to match you up in a suitably paced team, so don’t worry if you have just joined the club and don’t know many people. All you need is a road bike!

Also, the club is covering the entry fee for this fantastic event and your team will contribute at least a point to the very close TT competition, so please let me know if you are at all interested.

I am aware that some members have discussed this event offline and already have a team. This year, as the event is part of a formal 4-up event, all sign ups need to be done online and I will need to add your names to a spreadsheet that gets submitted to the organisers, so you can receive information in advance of the event. So do please let us know!

Regards,

Johnny

Paul Baldwin
    Participant

Sorry for late reply I had been waiting to see if I was recovering from surgery. Operation delayed until October so would love to take part still if not too late and will make up a team with Nick Patow

Sam
    Participant

I’m really sorry, this is on the Newbury Show weekend, which is one of the two massive Reptile Club displays that I can’t miss. Have fun- I hope you win the championship again!

Alan Jarrett
    Participant

I showed interest on the event page and missed the link here.
    If it is not too late, please consider me for a team.

Andy South
    Participant

I’m in.

Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Yes Lee

Lee Staples
    Participant

Any taker to join a Fast Road bike Team?

Graham Channon
      Participant

Hi Lee -great to see you’re up for the Brands 6hr relay schlep : )

I’m organising Kent Sportive group entry and see you have your name down for which I need name, email, age, and distance – can u ping them over on my email graham.channon@gmail.com – cheers G

Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

Great info from BMC – the kings of TTT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNiAVrOdMUg

Toby Middleton
      Participant

Sign me up. I’ll have another crack at this.

Chris Dines
        Keymaster

Toby – think we have a team of you, me, Hamish and Paul.

Rob G
    Participant

Count me in for this.

Chris Dines
    Keymaster

I’m hoping to compete as well as help organise this year. So I am in. Based on a brief discussion at Poll Hill last week, I think Hamish and Paul A look like they are as well – bizarrely, the three of us were within 8 seconds of each other on that TT!

DaveB
    Participant

Hi Sean, Can you ride an interclub 10 mile before the September 4 up at Brands Hatch, it will give the Avanti team organisers an idea of where to fit you in a suitable team.
    I love your photo – I’m sure we have met.

Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Hi all.
    In years past when we entered teams into the Surrey League 4up TT we held weeknight 4up training sessions in the weeks leading up the the event.

There are currently road works on the Westerham/Eynsford TT route so that route is out, but if we can agree on another suitable route is anyone up for this? Would be good for unfamiliar groups of riders to test their skills with others to get used to riding so close at speed.

Cheers
    Bill

Chris Dines
      Keymaster

Bill

Rather than club runs for those involved, hopefully we will see a big turnout at Cyclopark this Sunday morning – great chance for everyone to build some experience safely (and create teams).

The road sessions were great in the past, but generally earlier in the summer – it’s pretty dark by 8pm now. Horrible!

Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

I’m in as are Graham, Marek + RichardB

Also I’m going to write up some info on the other events available at the Revolve24 over the weekend – and we get 10% discount.
    http://revolve24.com/events

Simon Lumsdon
    Participant

Oh go on then, if its anything like last year it will be fun

Nolan Wilkens
    Participant

Sign me up!

Simon Heaton
    Participant

I’m up for this again this year.

sean clarke
    Participant

Hi,
    Can you mark m down as interested even though I’m old and slow !
    Regards
    Sean Clarke

Tony Le Vey
    Participant

Not going to be fit enough to ride but more than willing to lend a hand helping.

Chris Dines
      Keymaster

Tony – doesn’t matter how unfit you are – get in there!

Nick Patow
    Participant

Hi Johnny,
    I’m keen to give this a go again. Hopefully the rest of Team Saturday will fancy it too.
    Nick

Johnny Edwards
    Keymaster

It’s back for 2017 – the end of season time trial event to beat all time trial events!
    It’s now confirmed that GS Avanti will be staging the final inter-club team time trial event on the full GP circuit at Brands Hatch. It will start and finish in front of the Grandstand (after 4 laps), and we will have use of the Pit Lane Garages and the Media Centre afterwards, exactly as before.

This 4up event is being run by Revolve24 and will be open to 4up teams outside of the inter-club competition(GS Avanti, Sydenham Wheelers or Sevenoaks Tri) however the inter-club competition will still run as before (excluding these other teams). To make things more exciting I am aware that there should be Sussex Sport Photography taking and sharing your photos (there is a rumour of automatic posting to social media should you be interested) and also live chip timings and live results available throughout the event.

Last year, the teams finishing time was timed against the third rider (of four) across the line after 4 laps. This will need to be confirmed for this year.

WHO CAN TAKE PART?
    As with last years events, ANY GS Avanti rider can take part. Last year there were several that had never even ridden a time trial, let alone a 4 up time trial. So I encourage you to put you name down. A normal road bike will be perfectly fine.
    NOTE: The big difference this year is that the three clubs will be limited to 20 teams between ourselves and the interest is expected to be higher.
    Entry Fee: LIKELY TO BE COVERED BY THE CLUB

HOW DO I TAKE PART IN THIS AMAZING EVENT?
    1. Register your interest below before 20th August.
    2. Also visit the event page and mark yourself as attending (as we all do with club events, of course – but here is the link in case you need a quick reminder https://www.gsavanti.co.uk/events/2017/09/end-season-4up-time-trial-brands-hatch/ )
    3. 4 up teams will then be organised around riders of similar ability and submitted before the end of the month and published on the forum.

Photos from last years event can be seen here.

Johnny

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.