2017 Brands Hatch GP Circuit 4up TT – Rider Interest

Home page Forums Club and Open Time Trials 2017 Brands Hatch GP Circuit 4up TT – Rider Interest

This topic contains 20 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alan Jarrett Alan Jarrett 11 hours, 17 minutes ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Alan Jarrett
    Alan Jarrett
    Participant

I showed interest on the event page and missed the link here.
    If it is not too late, please consider me for a team.

Profile photo of Andy South
    Andy South
    Participant

I’m in.

Profile photo of Bill Fitzgerald
    Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Yes Lee

Profile photo of Lee Staples
    Lee Staples
    Participant

Any taker to join a Fast Road bike Team?

Profile photo of Steve Rodgers
    Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

Great info from BMC – the kings of TTT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNiAVrOdMUg

Profile photo of Toby Middleton
      Toby Middleton
      Participant

Sign me up. I’ll have another crack at this.

Profile photo of Chris Dines
        Chris Dines
        Keymaster

Toby – think we have a team of you, me, Hamish and Paul.

Profile photo of Rob G
    Rob G
    Participant

Count me in for this.

Chris Dines
    Keymaster

I’m hoping to compete as well as help organise this year. So I am in. Based on a brief discussion at Poll Hill last week, I think Hamish and Paul A look like they are as well – bizarrely, the three of us were within 8 seconds of each other on that TT!

Profile photo of DaveB
    DaveB
    Participant

Hi Sean, Can you ride an interclub 10 mile before the September 4 up at Brands Hatch, it will give the Avanti team organisers an idea of where to fit you in a suitable team.
    I love your photo – I’m sure we have met.

Profile photo of Bill Fitzgerald
    Bill Fitzgerald
    Participant

Hi all.
    In years past when we entered teams into the Surrey League 4up TT we held weeknight 4up training sessions in the weeks leading up the the event.

There are currently road works on the Westerham/Eynsford TT route so that route is out, but if we can agree on another suitable route is anyone up for this? Would be good for unfamiliar groups of riders to test their skills with others to get used to riding so close at speed.

Cheers
    Bill

Chris Dines
      Keymaster

Bill

Rather than club runs for those involved, hopefully we will see a big turnout at Cyclopark this Sunday morning – great chance for everyone to build some experience safely (and create teams).

The road sessions were great in the past, but generally earlier in the summer – it’s pretty dark by 8pm now. Horrible!

Profile photo of Steve Rodgers
    Steve Rodgers
    Keymaster

I’m in as are Graham, Marek + RichardB

Also I’m going to write up some info on the other events available at the Revolve24 over the weekend – and we get 10% discount.
    http://revolve24.com/events

Profile photo of Simon Lumsdon
    Simon Lumsdon
    Participant

Oh go on then, if its anything like last year it will be fun

Profile photo of Nolan Wilkens
    Nolan Wilkens
    Participant

Sign me up!

Profile photo of Simon Heaton
    Simon Heaton
    Participant

I’m up for this again this year.

Profile photo of sean clarke
    sean clarke
    Participant

Hi,
    Can you mark m down as interested even though I’m old and slow !
    Regards
    Sean Clarke

Profile photo of Tony Le Vey
    Tony Le Vey
    Participant

Not going to be fit enough to ride but more than willing to lend a hand helping.

Chris Dines
      Keymaster

Tony – doesn’t matter how unfit you are – get in there!

Profile photo of Nick Patow
    Nick Patow
    Participant

Hi Johnny,
    I’m keen to give this a go again. Hopefully the rest of Team Saturday will fancy it too.
    Nick

Profile photo of Johnny Edwards
    Johnny Edwards
    Keymaster

It’s back for 2017 – the end of season time trial event to beat all time trial events!
    It’s now confirmed that GS Avanti will be staging the final inter-club team time trial event on the full GP circuit at Brands Hatch. It will start and finish in front of the Grandstand (after 4 laps), and we will have use of the Pit Lane Garages and the Media Centre afterwards, exactly as before.

This 4up event is being run by Revolve24 and will be open to 4up teams outside of the inter-club competition(GS Avanti, Sydenham Wheelers or Sevenoaks Tri) however the inter-club competition will still run as before (excluding these other teams). To make things more exciting I am aware that there should be Sussex Sport Photography taking and sharing your photos (there is a rumour of automatic posting to social media should you be interested) and also live chip timings and live results available throughout the event.

Last year, the teams finishing time was timed against the third rider (of four) across the line after 4 laps. This will need to be confirmed for this year.

WHO CAN TAKE PART?
    As with last years events, ANY GS Avanti rider can take part. Last year there were several that had never even ridden a time trial, let alone a 4 up time trial. So I encourage you to put you name down. A normal road bike will be perfectly fine.
    NOTE: The big difference this year is that the three clubs will be limited to 20 teams between ourselves and the interest is expected to be higher.
    Entry Fee: LIKELY TO BE COVERED BY THE CLUB

HOW DO I TAKE PART IN THIS AMAZING EVENT?
    1. Register your interest below before 20th August.
    2. Also visit the event page and mark yourself as attending (as we all do with club events, of course – but here is the link in case you need a quick reminder https://www.gsavanti.co.uk/events/2017/09/end-season-4up-time-trial-brands-hatch/ )
    3. 4 up teams will then be organised around riders of similar ability and submitted before the end of the month and published on the forum.

Photos from last years event can be seen here.

Johnny

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.