Club Rides 22 August 2020

Home page Forums Club runs Club Rides 22 August 2020

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Parker 5 days, 10 hours ago.

• Author

Simon Parker
    Participant

Nice write up Alan.

I only wish that when the clocks go forward at the weekend they spring forward by 5 months, just like your write up!!

It was great to see other Avanti members out and about on Sunday, so that we could give them a big wave.

Alan Else
    Participant

What a great Spring day for a G3 club run, except there wasn’t one!
    Instead, I followed the suggested Solo route out to Weald and back. With no pressure to ride fast, or hang on to back wheels, it was an opportunity to simply enjoy riding the bike, at the right tempo,in the bright sunshine under blue skies but in a cold wind which kept the newspaper up my jersey all day. With time to actually look at the scenery, it reminded me how lucky we are to live in this part of the country, with it’s quiet roads, tree lined lanes and beautiful views over the Weald, An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. I could hear the birds singing in the trees. The route took me to Kemsing and around St Clere Estate, dropping down to Ightham and up to Ivy Hatch. Thence through Plaxtol and along to Shipbourne with the wind on my back. It was then only a wiggle along the bumpiest road in Kent near Hildenborough , then Underiver to stop at the end of Bank Lane, short of the Weald Teal Cafe. Sitting in the sun on the Bank Lane road sign I ate half my chewey bar ready for the return by the same route. Coming back through Plaxtol was a dream with the wind behind me and warm sunshine on my back, and in my daydream I forgot to turn right at Ivy Hatch and was heading towards Seal on autopilot before I realised. A quick turn up steep Church Lane at Stone Street led me to Pillar Box Lane and back on course at Heaverham.
    On the way out , Simon and John Parker were coming in the opposite direction, soon followed by Sarah Parker with another in a yellow jacket. Keith Cooper was nearly at the turn point as I made my way back. All gave me a wave and a smile which raised my spirits in this difficult time.
    Later Simon Lumsdon and I exchanged wavy greetings at Badgers Mount, and I had had a big wave from Charles ( I think) earlier in the day at Pratts Bottom. All in all a good day which I hope helped to keep everyone optimistic and cheerful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.