Club Rides 14/15 March

Home page Forums Club runs Club Rides 14/15 March

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Cooper 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Keith Cooper
    Participant

G3 ride Sunday was like a Avanti day out with our fellow G2-G1 and that the 3 group never had no reason to think we was riding with Martin R . Dave B. and Matt W. But we soon realised as they was waiting for us on the way to Poll hill and kept a steady pace with us .
    Some rider’s asked if they was new rider’s. I explained they was G2 but it was fine as they kept our pace and had a few laughs along the way like when Dave showed us some stunts on Pilgrim’s way .
    We was impressed mainly at his bike or was it me lol.
    Alan’s route turned a few unscheduled turns but kept together and a lot of chat was going on amongst the ride it seemed we enjoyed the company as this don’t happen enough really maybe we should have a Avanti mix and match more often.
    G3 riders where Alan E . Claire W. Denis M. Paul A. Subhash C. Wasiq R. Simon L. Simon P. and myself.
    So it was quite a large group considering the problem’s
    Hopefully we can still keep cycling !

Alastair Wood
    Participant

..and it was a “flat” route by GSA standards although the Garmin barometric elevation calculators failed in the wet weather, 3 reporting sub 1000 feet, I just corrected mine in Strava and it comes up with a more correct 2200 feet in line with the published route.

And credit to Simon and Nick for their 100 miler on Sunday too!

Neale Napier
      Participant

The missing Saturday pic (upload issues). Men in Black.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Alastair Wood
    Participant

Apologies to all for my optimism, it did look with a “fair wind” that we might get a dry(er) spell of weather but persistent drizzle was the order of the day. I was quite pleased things started drying out just before Seal, to get another heavy drizzle shower as we headed along the A25, sun again in Dunton Green and quite a nice run home. Thanks to Simon, Nick and Neale for spells on the front, I think I was sheltering behind to stay dry. And on that note I got home to discover my wife picked up a Gore Goretex rain jacket in a charity shop last year which I could have “borrowed” and would have been perfect for the conditions and not black so Neale would approve too!!

Neale Napier
    Participant

and another pic…

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Steve Rodgers.

Neale Napier
    Participant

6 people for the Saturday Ride. Nick, Simon V, Alastair W, Ashley, Steve Butler and me. A few of us were holding out for the weather and decided to go for it as it looked to be clearing. Hmmm… it didn’t seem to clear that much. It would definitely be classed as a wet ride, with persistent heavy drizzle/light rain.

Nick had planned a nice “flat” out and back route to East Peckham. The roads were pretty wet and puddles everywhere, but only a couple of places where there was slight flooding. I’ve attached some nice pics. One I think is a hardcore Sidcup rider in full summer gear, which caused a bit of amuse(bemuse?)ment. Spirits were high and a lot of chatting was done at social pace. Simon did a little leading (i.e. virtually all) so thanks for that. I quite like coming back over Plaxtol as you do at least have the option of taking it a bit easier if you want.

I believe some went for coffee after, but my “Sponge Tech” rain jacket meant that I was pretty wet, so the thought of stopping for me was not a good one, so I went home to “Cafe Napier” for Coffee. Thanks all for the great company. Glad I went rather than jumping on zwift. Not glad I have to clean my bike 🙁

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Neale Napier.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.