Avanti Virtual Ride 24 March 2020

Home page Forums Club runs Avanti Virtual Ride 24 March 2020

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Steve Rodgers
      Keymaster

Nice one virtual Avanti!
      Note that I’ve been experimenting with RGT cycling – I’ve created some ‘magic roads’ – versions of our TT courses, as well as The Super Six and the KK short route. Going to experiment some more and looking for volunteers – we can hold group rides as well as races.
      Hoping we can do virtual versions of our TT 🙂

Neale Napier
        Participant

I’d be up for some Virtual TT or something else.

Neale Napier
      Participant

9 Avanties desperate for some form of group/social riding took to Zwift for a 1 hour Virtual group ride. The Zwifters were Bill, Will, Martin (Rider) Davey, Richard L, Simon P, Simon V, Toby, Claire W and me.

We took on the Watopia “Road to Ruins” route which is a nice mix of offroad and road. I decided to go for an MTB bike. I was the only one and to be fair, there was not enough offroad, so was rolling like a wagon with square wheels on most of the road sections. It was the first time we tried the private meetup function and it seemed to work ok, especially the keep together setting. This keeps everyone together regardless of the numbers they’re putting out, but the harder you push the further towards the front you get (so something there for the competitive spirits). Unbelievably we had two mechanicals. Will had to retire after shredding his rear tyre on the turbo and Richard dropped his chain. We waited briefly for Richard just incase Zwift decided to drop him from the group but all was good.

During the current situation there is a meetup every Tuesday evening for a few weeks. See the event for details.

Hope all are keeping well and best wishes to all.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.