8 April Virtual Ride – London Triple Loops

Home page Forums Club runs 8 April Virtual Ride – London Triple Loops

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Neale Napier
      Participant

A hastily rearranged meetup due to a clash with the new Virtual British Cycling event on Tuesday, so now the Virtual ride is on Wednesdays.

Nick (newbie) Patow, Simon V, Sarah C, Simon P, Simon V, Denis, Richard L and I waited on the pavements of London before our start time. Don’t know why zwift dumps you on the pavement before the meetup?!

This week, instead of using the virtual bungee cord to keep us all together, we tried sticking to pace groups of 2 w/kg and 2.5 w/kg. Think it kind of worked, but zwift has so many riders on the courses right now that it did require a lot of tracking. Personally my pace was all over the place as I was either slowing for people behind or trying to catch them up.

The highlights were…
      – Sarah’s climbing. She always attacked on the hills and made up loads of time.
      – Richard being dumped on the side of the road after his 25k free trial expired and no sign of his team car!
      – Nick (lamb to the Slaughter) Patow. Having just got his trainer the day before and completely new to zwift, buried himself on the hills, not realising that he could have just gone slower and we were just 1k (and increasing) behind him 🙂

Next week we’re doing Muir and the Mountain and we’re just going to freeride, as the pace groups were quite hard to maintain. At least we’ll all be on the same route and be able to chat to each other.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.