15/16 February – Storm Dennis

Home page Forums Club runs 15/16 February – Storm Dennis

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nick Patow 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Nick Patow
    Participant

The attendees this week were rewarded for refusing to accept the weather forecast with the worst of the wind and all the rain holding off until the afternoon.
    Seven came out, John C, Alistair W, Simon V, Steve B, Tom S, Henry S and myself.

Up cudham lane and over to Tatsfield got us warmed up, before we descended Tandridge Hill, a particularly mucky lane at the moment. Whilst having been going into the wind, we had until now had a degree of protection provided by the trees, but for the push out to the Red Barn we had to find our own protection. For me that was behind Simon and Henry, sadly for those two on the front they had nothing, although they seemed happy enough up there !

As we turned away from the headwind and negotiated the long standing road closure out of Lingfield to Edenbridge, thoughts of how a tail wind might help up Ide began to circulate the group. Before that however was the Hever banana stop, and once fuelled the group set off for the signature climb of the day.

From the top of Ide we dropped to Sundridge and headed for Polhill, and once regrouped at the top, headed for Belmondos and the well earned coffee.
    Luck remaining with us meant that there was time for two cups of coffee, the ride home and a bike clean (for me at least), before any sign of the rain. So what could have been a pretty tough morning proved to be a very enjoyable ride with good company throughout and everyone helping out up front. Well done and thanks to all.

Alastair Wood
    Participant

With HOTA canceled and no Sunday runs planned its down to the intrepid few who made it out on Saturday to report this week

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.